Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default Pentagon blocked Obama's access to injured U.S. troops

Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message ...

snip

I made a few phone calls today Ed and I think I've got the gist of
this.

OK, spill it. Whattcha got?

It was Dick Cheney.
Apparently the WH was comparing the reception Obama got in Europe
with Bush's recent farewell tour and Dick Cheney expressed his
concerns to the Pentagon about the cost of adding security for the
large crowd Obama might draw. Word went out that the Obama campaign
would have to provide the added
security and submit a plan in advance if they wanted to visit
Landstrul as the event was political and not official Senate
business. That was the unofficial "discouragement" Gration got and
it was throught the network.

Obama got gassed for punking Bush, not McCain.

McCain just got carried away in his remarks because he's so
frustrated on the one hand and he's surrounded himself with a staff
that encourages him to
behave this way on the other.

Well, I'll be damned. It sounds in-character for Cheney. I take it
you have a good source for this?

Pretty fair, yes.
It's also the kind of thing he'd know, especially that last bit.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com