Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Pentagon blocked Obama's access to injured U.S. troops

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

snip

I made a few phone calls today Ed and I think I've got the gist of
this.

OK, spill it. Whattcha got?

It was Dick Cheney.
Apparently the WH was comparing the reception Obama got in Europe with
Bush's recent farewell tour and Dick Cheney expressed his concerns to the
Pentagon about the cost of adding security for the large crowd Obama might
draw. Word went out that the Obama campaign would have to provide the
added
security and submit a plan in advance if they wanted to visit Landstrul as
the event was political and not official Senate business. That was the
unofficial "discouragement" Gration got and it was throught the network.

Obama got gassed for punking Bush, not McCain.

McCain just got carried away in his remarks because he's so frustrated on
the one hand and he's surrounded himself with a staff that encourages him
behave this way on the other.

Well, I'll be damned. It sounds in-character for Cheney. I take it you have
a good source for this?

--
Ed Huntress