BigWallop

Default Double Pole switches and FCUs for kitchen applicances

"John Rumm" wrote in message
John Watson wrote:
"Christian McArdle" wrote in message

?

You may use either, provided they run to a single accessory. If you run

multiple accessories, you must use the FCU.

I would add that the above is true so long as the cable size does not
reduce from that of the ring. If you reduce the cable size (eg to
1.5mm sq), then a fused-switch unit is needed.

I was under the impression that so long as the cable used could safely
take the full 13A load then it was ok to reduce cable size on the spur.
1.5mm sq ought to be fine I would have thought.

The time you need the FCU is when the potential load from the socket(s)
could potentially overrate the cable conecting back to the ring - e.g.
you have two or more sockets on the spur.

--
Cheers,

John.

Correct.