Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.dcom.telecom.tech
Steven Lichter Steven Lichter is offline

Default Lightning protector for telephone NID

mm wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 07:17:35 -0700, Steven Lichter
wrote:

while verizon is there ask them to install a central DSL filter, and
either you or them run a dedicated line from filter to computer modem.
ask for filter when calling so tech has it on truck, mine was free

I don't expect you to understand the prvious paragraph, but it means
if I ever fix the phoneline problem I have had for the last few years,
I'll have a new problem because the phone line enters through the
basement in stead of my office like now.

I didn't pay attention to hhow you do it, but since you have a full
basement with unfinished ceilings in part of it, it's easier.

I just had that done by at&t an my DSL which had just upgraded from 3 to
6 went up to over 5 and is now holding,

This is why I wrote: A reminder that this guy signed up for 6 and is
happy to get over 5. There's probably a way to measure what yo're
getting now. and it might not be 3.

At the interface it is 6, but even with the new direct cable there is a
lose, besides I'm a the end of the mileage for DSL, at this point I have
UVerse up the street, but I'm way to far for that at least until early
next year. I am a COEI Installer, if you don't know what that is, a CO
Installer, I install the hardware in the CO's and have done this for 40
years, so I have seen a lot of changes.

also it was great to get rid of
those filters, the one on the wall phone was the worst.

It wobbled, right?

--
The Only Good Spammer is a Dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2008 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot In Hell Co.