Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Elec dryer suddenly stopped?

Wally wrote in
:

I have a 10 year old Whirlpool electric clothes dryer and I had it
operating this morning. I heard it shut itself off and when I went
over to it the control dial was in the middle of the drying setting.
Pushing the start button had no effect as did opening/closing the
dryer door.

The breaker for the unit was not tripped so not sure what happened
(power-wise).

When I get home this evening I'll need to do some trouble shooting. I
was planning on taking my voltmeter to the rear contacts to make sure
power is still applied.

Does an electric dryer have an internal 'fuse' that might have
tripped?

Anything else I can look for?

Thanks for any assistance.
Walter

Check these. First includes part pics & part locations. Novice & sub-novice level.

http://www.cheapapplianceparts.com/r...MMON%20REASONS

http://www.partselect.com/dryer+test...use+repair.htm