Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default converting 110 v glue gun to 12 volt?

In article ,
richg99 wrote:
I have need of a portable, low-temperature glue gun for model airplane
repair in the field. Any ideas about how I would go about converting a
standard $5.00 or so ( cheap) glue gun to use with my 12 volt auto
battery. I know I can put a converter on, but , for a variety of
reasons, I'd rather not do that. thanks, Rich

Very few of these things can be stripped to the point where you could
replace the heater element, as the low price means they're disposable. And
even if you could where would you get the correct part? I suppose you
could make the correct element - but buying the materials may prove
difficult and costly.
I've seen rechargeable ones on sale. They would prove a better basis to
run off 12 volts via a regulator.

--
*Constipated People Don't Give A Crap*

Dave Plowman London SW