Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Arbitration Clause for installing a water heater???

"JayN" wrote in message
One of the plumbing contractors (a bigger company) that gave me an
estimate for a water heater has a clause about Alternative Dispute
Resolution in the contract. Basically it says that they use an
arbitrator to settle all disputes. It says I would waive my right to
a lawsuit unless the amount were small enough for small claims
court.

Their price is good for the heater, but I'm concerned about signing
away my right to sue. Any reason I should go along with this clause,
or should I tell them I will take my business elsewhere if the clause
isn't removed?

J.

For a simple, routine, low cost job like this, just get the damned thing
done. How much can you sue them for? $300? If you trust them, get it
done, otherwise move on. I'd probably not want to work for you.