Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Widest possible gate?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

We all use more pesticides than are needed in various ways. I chose to
limit mine as the yard runoff leads to the lines that dump straight to
the rivers. I find vinegar works for my needs. Might kill a food plant
or so, but no harm eating the produce of it at all even if soaked in it.

I dont know if he above is 'too young' or just prefers to not believe
that chemicals leach all over with the ground water.

In some places, they DO leach into groundwater, or they end up in waste
treatment plants which are not designed to remove them. I prefer to assume
the worst. He prefers to see the rosy picture. Which way is a bigger
gamble?

Dunno, but they remind us here pretty often that the rainwater runoff goes
right into the rivers here. How safe it is to eat the fish, depends on how
much you trust your neighbors habits.

I recon at the most, I am doing no harm with my vinegar habits.