Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Widest possible gate?

wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:22:18 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

wrote:

"cshenk" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

;-) I wouldnt either. Runoff. I would try vinegar though if
inclined
have a setup like that.

I guess you went to the same school as Spare brains Kanter. Roundup,

Good. You use it. Enjoy. Regardless of your age, you're too young to
understand why any and all claims of yard chemical safety are lacking
in
accuracy.

We all use more pesticides than are needed in various ways. I chose to
limit mine as the yard runoff leads to the lines that dump straight to
the
rivers. I find vinegar works for my needs. Might kill a food plant or
so, but no harm eating the produce of it at all even if soaked in it.

I dont know if he above is 'too young' or just prefers to not believe
that
chemicals leach all over with the ground water.

In some places, they DO leach into groundwater, or they end up in waste
treatment plants which are not designed to remove them. I prefer to assume
the worst. He prefers to see the rosy picture. Which way is a bigger
gamble?

The only one imagining things is the one who doesn't know enough about how
roundup works. It gets absorbed into the leaves of the plants that it
kills and
otherwise breaks down into harmless components very rapidly. Ther's
nothing to
"remove"

And yet, there are still concerns about the stuff, from sources which
neither you nor I are qualified to question.

You will now ask for a cite.