Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.dcom.telecom.tech
[email protected] oparr@hotmail.com is offline

Default Lightning protector for telephone NID

I called POTS repair again and after explaining everything they said
it was a DSL repair issue. Since DSL repair was the very first place I
called and they already said it was a POTS repair issue I lost my
temper and just told the POTS repair person where to go stick their
head and hung up for the second time. Will either buy the LP online or
just give a Verizon serviceman $5.00 or $10.00 for one of theirs. Any
more DSL issues after that and it's cable broadband, something I
probably should have done long ago. The only thing that has been
stopping me is where cable service enters the house now and where I'd
want the cable MODEM. The house is already wired for both POTS and
VOIP telephone lines and the cable MODEM has to be preferably near a
phone jack.

On Jul 28, 2:23*pm, David Lesher wrote:

There is a good reason to NOT get them to replace it.

If they do, they want it outside. You don't.

If they do, they default into "It's your problem, and if we come out,
we'll charge you unless you can prove it's ours [Fat Chance, buddy]"
mode.

--
A host is a host from coast to