Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.dcom.telecom.tech
[email protected] oparr@hotmail.com is offline

Default Lightning protector for telephone NID

Thanks all for the replies.

Verizon should install a new NID

Well, this NID is only a piece of plywood with the lighting protector
screwed to it using two wood screws. I called Verizon repair first. Oh
yeah, I know the number by heart by now. They transferred me to
somewhere else who then transferred me to customer service. The latter
didn't even know what a LP was and said they would have to transfer me
to, yes you guessed it, repair. All CS could tell me was that if I had
their $6.00 per month "internal wiring protection plan" then it
wouldn't cost anything. They even tried to sell me the option on the
spot.

NID network interface device is box on outside of home.

I'll investigate further. Thanks.

On Jul 28, 9:42*am, " wrote:

Verizon should install a new NID, or replace it. Thats their
responsblity, and the NID includes lightning protection, so the indoor
one can be removed completely.

NID network interface device is box on outside of home.- Hide quoted text -