Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default FWIW - OT MESSAGE HEADERS

"ROY!" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:17:42 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"ROY!" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 07:47:04 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

With the advent of the civilized, considerate, practice of marking

"off
topic" messages "OT" hereabouts (apparently an excellent practice, in

most
of our opinions), many have noted that replies to the original

messages
in a
"Thread" so marked do not retain the all important "OT" designation.

Strictly FWIW ... YMMV

Anyone filtering OT would not see your OT MESSAGE HEADERS post.

Neither will most of the pygmies in central Africa .... and your point?

Especially if they filter OT in the subject line.

Help me out with what I'm missing here ... if "they" are indeed filtering OT
in the subject header in the first place, why would "they" give a ****/be
upset if "they" missed this particular thread?

Ever hear of a "moot point" (US idiom, not UK)?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08