Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default What's most efficient way to flatten waterstones?

"Jim Hall" wrote in message
I wonder if you have to go through the masochistic stone age first to
appreciate a Work Sharp 3000..? Can you flatten a Stanley bedrock 607 on
one of those? That job is wearing me out..

Don't recall the exact dimensions of the 607. but any plane iron up to 2"
wide is easily doable.

The WS 3000 not the end all of sharpening systems by any means, but for all
of my own plane irons and chisels it has yet to fail me. The ease of
sharpening, and, equally important, keeping the sharpened edges maintained,
is just so much easier than any other method I've used in over 45 years of
woodworking.

For those tasks that procrastinators like myself hate, like sharpening, the
easier it is to do, the more likely it is to be done.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08