Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Of change gears and QC gearboxes

Virtually every modern lathe above 7 inches swing has a quick change
gearbox. When trying to get a pitch not listed on the feed/threading
chart the options are limited compared a lathe equipped with a full
set of change gears. Since I have the CNC option odd thread leads are
easy to do. But there are many times that I have a setup in the CNC
that I don't want to disturb so a one off part then has to wait a
while. I am considering putting CNC on a manual lathe and just
switching between manual and CNC. But I'd also like to know what
others do when faced with the odd lead, QC gearbox problem.
Cheers,
Eric