Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.dcom.telecom.tech
[email protected] oparr@hotmail.com is offline

Default Lightning protector for telephone NID

Hi,

The LP here (inside garage screwed to a piece of plywood) is so old
that it causes nothing but noise on the telephone line during high
humidity conditions. This in turn causes my DSL internet connection to
drop. Common problem with DSL, it's not very noise resilient. Spoke to
Verizon (our telco) about it and up to now cannot confirm whose
responsibility, in terms of cost, it is to have the LP replaced so I'm
just going to do it myself. Please, no lectures on proper grounding
etc., changing this thing is a piece of cake.

Problem is, can't find many places selling LPs. There's one here but
it's looks so "el cheapo";

http://www.telephonecentral.com/Prod...oductid=110401

Anybody know of places that sell these things in the US to non-
contractors? I'm even thinking of just "buying" one off a Verizon
service technician. The LPs they use look like the real deal.