Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default wood laminate under or around cabinets?

Toffee Monday wrote:
Max Power wrote:
redoing kitchen, now empty. Do I run the wood laminate all the way to
the corner and put cabinets on top or leave the space cut out for the
cabinets?

If this is a floating floor. Never set cabinets on top of laminate. A
floating floor must never meet a verticle surface.

This coming from a 3x Certified installer.

Why?

I don't think even floating floors scoot all over the place. If the floor
has an urge to move - and the cabinets are anchored to the wall - the floor
will either slide or figure moving is too much trouble and give up on the
idea.