Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default converting 110 v glue gun to 12 volt?

"richg99" wrote in message
I have need of a portable, low-temperature glue gun for model airplane repair
in the field. Any ideas about how I would go about converting a standard $5.00
or so ( cheap) glue gun to use with my 12 volt auto battery. I know I can put a
converter on, but , for a variety of reasons, I'd rather not do that. thanks,
Rich

You would have to remove the 110V heating element and replace it with a 12V
heating element. Don't know where you'd get such an animal, but I suppose you
could fashion one from the heating element from a 12V appliance such as a
soldering iron, cooking appliances for camping, etc. You might be able to use
the resistance wire from a wire-wound power resistor.
I've never had one of these glue guns apart, so I can't say how easy or hard it
would be to do.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Experience: What you get when you don't get what you want