Posted to rec.woodworking
rich rich is offline

Default What's most efficient way to flatten waterstones?

On Jul 27, 8:56*am, "Jim Hall" wrote:
I've been using wet/dry sandpaper. *It's a tedious/time consuming job and
seems to wear out the paper fairly fast. *I see Norton has a flattening
stone. *I wonder if they're more efficient. * Any suggestions on how best to
get this job done? *Thanks..

Maybe I'm just a dumb wood abuser, but I use a piece of glass, about
11 x 14 inches, and I sprinkle some 90 grit carbide sand stuff on it
with water. The glass sits on the workbench top, so is mostly flat,
and it works great. The glass came from a cheap picture frame, the
sand from Rockler I think, not expensive. Anyway, just a minute or so
on each stone gives me a flat surface. Hope this helps.....