Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default First lathe project - replacment knobs for my router fence

On 23 Jul 2008 22:01:56 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
(Curt Welch) quickly quoth:

"Karl Townsend" wrote:
Learning how to do these simple metalworking projects just totally
changes my view of what I can build and fix now. It's just such a joy
to have those knobs fixed and to know how to make these sorts of
things. But now, I've got to add a basic lathe to my wish list and
learn more about what you
can do with it...

OH NO!!!

You just contracted metal mangler's disease. There is no cure. Frequent
purchase of new machine tools helps control the symptoms.

Karl " had the disease for 25 years now" Townsend

I've had a serious tool addiction since I was very young. I just can't get
enough of them. And now with my introduction to metal working, it's just
opened the door for another endless list of items I just MUST HAVE NOW....

Ditto here. I used to think I was a woodworker and metalworker. Now
that I'm honest with myself, I'm referring to myself as "a tool
collector who occasionally does decent woodworking and metalworking."

F*ck Pukey Ducks!

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)