Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Project idea

"SteveB" wrote
cshenk wrote:

Next query for you guys who build decks?

What I do not want to do: pour a slab extension.

We've also considered just using paving stones (even the ground out
first of course) but a deck low to the ground would look nicer in
this setting. About 2ft out and L shaped with one leg 13ft and the
other 11ft.

You'll have to excavate a lot of dirt to build a deck. Remember, you
can't lay the boards on the ground.

The trex stuff looks like a winner here.

I recommend a paver patio. There are lots of variations in pavers, and
lots of web sites to show you how to do it.

Yup! If it's too much to pay for the Trex decking, we may go that route.