Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Project idea

"Kevin Ricks" wrote
cshenk wrote:
Next query for you guys who build decks?

treated for sub-terranian termites but that would be a concern in our
area still.

What I do not want to do: pour a slab extension.

You might look at some of the synthetic wood material like Trex and the
like. Try to adjust your deck plan to use standard lumber sizes where
possible. 8,10,12,16,20' etc. You may need to special order sizes over 12
or 16'.
You want your deck to be lower than the level of the house floor, a
comfortable step down, so that you don't have leaves and such blowing in
and/or snow drift build up if you are in a colder climate.
Google deck plans, ground level deck etc.

Kevin, thank you! Major hit there. I just found 2 contractors in my area
and have made initial queries. There are quite a few of them here. I
adjust easy as it can always be a bit longer (lots of room on each side).

Specs due in for a 2 ft wide 12 or 16 ft long run along the window portion,
and a 16 or 32 foot run (16 to be 4-6ft deep, rest 2ft deep). Might ask
them to make my container garden with that long stretch. Lets see how the
pricing goes.

Humm, 100$ worth of paving stones, or a true nice flush deck that wont have
termite potential and match what I really want ;-)