Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_8_] SteveB[_8_] is offline

Default Project idea

cshenk wrote:

Next query for you guys who build decks?

I now have a sliding glass patio door to the outside. It's just mud
right now outside there and not much of a difference in level (3
inches maybe?). Looking for something easy we can do ourselves. Is
it possible to make a low to the ground 'wood deck'? The ground has
been completely termite treated for sub-terranian termites but that
would be a concern in our area still.

What I do not want to do: pour a slab extension.

We've also considered just using paving stones (even the ground out
first of course) but a deck low to the ground would look nicer in
this setting. About 2ft out and L shaped with one leg 13ft and the
other 11ft.

You'll have to excavate a lot of dirt to build a deck. Remember, you
can't lay the boards on the ground.

I recommend a paver patio. There are lots of variations in pavers, and
lots of web sites to show you how to do it.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement