Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default condensate pump for dehumidifier?

Hi guys,

I'd like to set up a dehumidifier in my basement so it doesn't have to
be emptied all the time. Due to space considerations I don't think
tying it into my existing condensate pump is practical; that is jammed
between the furnace and the hot water heater, near the clothes dryer.
So the obvious solution would be to just add another condensate pump to
get the water over to the deep sink.

Question is, are there any semi-affordable ones that work well? I've
seen comments here before to the effect of "just get a $30 condensate
pump and hook it up" and I am having a hard time finding one. They're
about $80 at the big boxes nearby, and looking online the cheapest seems
to be about $40 plus shipping. Obviously I'm leaning towards ordering
online but don't have any experience with selecting one, so what's a
good brand? I'd need one that could lift the water about 8 feet, maybe
15 feet horizontally, then drop about 4 feet into the sink. Is that an
unusual application that would require a heavier duty unit than the
cheapest models?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.