Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default What's most efficient way to flatten waterstones?

On Jul 27, 10:56*am, "Jim Hall"
wrote:
I've been using wet/dry sandpaper. *It's a tedious/time consuming job and
seems to wear out the paper fairly fast. *I see Norton has a flattening
stone. *I wonder if they're more efficient. * Any suggestions on how best to
get this job done? *Thanks..

One way;
http://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/No...ne-P29C25.aspx

Or you can use a diamond stone to flatten it. I do it under running
water to keep the water stone from sticking to the diamond stone.
It's easier to flatten the stones after every sharpening session than
to wait until the depressions are deeper.