Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadworth ARWadworth is offline

Default OT; It had to happen.

"Rod" wrote in message
ARWadworth wrote:

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:33:54 +0100, Invisible Man
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
The whole point about this incident is that it's small minded and
vindictive. A friendly warning might have been more appropriate, but
we
no longer live in that kind of world

It goes further than that. If he is a one man business and owns his
van
the law has no business interfering in whether he smokes in it or not.
I have a workshop as part of my house - and I sometimes carry out paid
for
work in that. Should the law ban me from smoking in there too?

Not sure but I believe the test is whether any other employees or
co-workers will EVER be carried in the vehicle. I.e. The idea is to
protect those at work from danger.

How about motor mechanics who have to sit in the vehicle whilst
servicing it?
They should have some protection too...

--
Frank Erskine

Council tenants (in my area) must not smoke indoors 30 minutes prior to a
council workman/sub contractor/official/pen pusher entering their
property. One person I know, who works for the council, boasts that he
managed to smoke 3 cigs waiting outside a house for 30 minutes as the
"client" answered the door whilst smoking.

Adam

Does this work both ways? Could/can a 'customer' (we're all customers now
:-)

I am not always a customers. If I pay for a service I am a client.

Adam