Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Outdoor socket

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 16:30:11 +0100, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:

EricP wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:10:38 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Looks like a standard domestic one inside a waterproof box to me - so
would normally be internally connected.

That one is the remains of an ALDI offer from a few months ago.

It came with an RCD plug which seems to have gone missing and they are
disposing of the remaining socket and bits.

You are meant to put the socket on an outside wall, the cable through
the wall and then an RCD plug on the cable to terminate it. The thing
then plugs into the mains.

Oh yes? Any idea how much it was?

Si

I think I had a few pence change from a twenty pound note for it. I
just saw it and did a spec buy on it.

Putting the bits together from the likes of tlc would have meant a
single socket for about the same.