Posted to alt.home.repair
greenpjs greenpjs is offline

Default How can I tell hard from softened water?

"Walter R." wrote in message
I am replacing an ancient water softener which was removed from the pipes
15 years ago.

The house has two water heaters. Apparently there are also some soft water
zones (showers) and hard water zones (kitchen and bar faucets). There are
hot/cold and hard/soft water pipes going in all directions. The pipes are
in the walls.

After I have installed a new softener, how can I determine which faucets
have soft and which ones have hard water?

Thanks

Turn the water off at the new softener and see which faucets stop
working.