Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT T Boone Pickens

wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:39:27 -0500, dpb wrote:

I seriously doubt it would do more than make a decent hole; I think the
chances of it penetrating are minimal at best and "like a bullet" are
like slim and none and Slim left town.

`
It would certainly make a decent sized hole and "bullet" doesn't even
describe the effect of a well designed shaped charge.

take a look at anti tank rounds on google

Which don't look anything at all like an engine block as a projectile.
Nor does the containment building look like tank armor so results aren't
particularly similar.

It's difficult to factually discuss much of reactor protection since
scenarios and all are restricted data. Consequently simply can't say
much more specifically about what has been looked at other than a
significant amount of work has been done to quantify risk and
vulnerabilities in order to deal with contingencies.