Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default How can I tell hard from softened water?

Walter R. wrote:
I am replacing an ancient water softener which was removed from the
pipes 15 years ago.

The house has two water heaters. Apparently there are also some soft
water zones (showers) and hard water zones (kitchen and bar faucets).
There are hot/cold and hard/soft water pipes going in all directions.
The pipes are in the walls.

After I have installed a new softener, how can I determine which
faucets have soft and which ones have hard water?

Thanks

You can get inexpensive kits to check water hardness.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...