Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default OT; It had to happen.

On 2008-07-27 14:07:04 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
said:

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
The whole point about this incident is that it's small minded and
vindictive. A friendly warning might have been more appropriate, but we
no longer live in that kind of world

It goes further than that. If he is a one man business and owns his van
the law has no business interfering in whether he smokes in it or not.

One man business != one man place of work. At the time he was stopped
he was carrying a 16 year old family friend who had been helping him.

I have a workshop as part of my house - and I sometimes carry out paid
for
work in that. Should the law ban me from smoking in there too?

If others visit it in the context of the work then smoking would not be
allowed in it as the law stands.

If the 16 year old or anyone else who ever works with him had been
helping him with his business and had to enter the van at any time or
was being carried as part of the arrangement then no smoking in the van.