Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outdoor socket

In article ,
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot wrote:
Why's it come with two glands? I asked the chappy selling it if it needs
a separate feed to each socket and he replied saying "Yes I think you
need two feeds". After I sent the question to him I wondered if perhaps
they gave you two glands in case you wanted to daisy chain more than
one together but either scenario seems unlikely.

Could be part of a ring or spur in which case you would need an 'in and
out' - you need one gland per cable to waterproof them.

Any thoughts? Do two gang outdoor sockets generally have a separate feed
to each socket? Seems bloody silly to me.

Looks like a standard domestic one inside a waterproof box to me - so
would normally be internally connected.

--
*There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.