Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default newgroup 1.5 litre per ballast

john westmore_______ wrote:
I have just pulled down my small disintegrating wooden shed leaving a
concrete slab 1.76 metres by 2.33metres.

We thought we would buy on the tin sheds from Argos, which is 3 metres by
2.5 metres.

1.5 litres per ballast

Not sure I follow the question... if there was one!

Reading between the lines, perhaps you want to make the slab bigger and
need to know how much ballast you will need for the concrete?

A C20 mix will be more than adequate for this application (1 part
cement, 2 parts sand, 4 parts gravel, or 1 part cement, 6 parts all in
one ballast). A cubic meter will require approx 1800 kg of aggregate,
and 320kg of cement.

Chapter and verse he

http://www.pavingexpert.com/concmix1.html

--