Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outdoor socket

In article ,
"Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" writes:
This one here to be precise: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQitemZ170243832926

Why's it come with two glands? I asked the chappy selling it if it needs a
separate feed to each socket and he replied saying "Yes I think you need two
feeds". After I sent the question to him I wondered if perhaps they gave you
two glands in case you wanted to daisy chain more than one together but
either scenario seems unlikely.

Any thoughts? Do two gang outdoor sockets generally have a separate feed to
each socket? Seems bloody silly to me.

I would presume it's so it can be part of a ring, or non-last
on a radial circuit.

--
Andrew Gabriel