Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Houston, You May Have A Problem

On Jul 26, 5:20*pm, dpb wrote:
dpb wrote:
Dave in Houston wrote:
"dpb" wrote in ...

We're hoping it keeps up enough steam heading west to eventually
swing up the panhandle and give as a chance...

* * Hate to "rain" on your parade but the latest forecast model I saw
puts in moving almost directly west from the Brownsville area and even
turning slightly west-southwest.

The farther west it gets before the steering westerlies take over from
the Pacific coast the better our chances become...it's always a long
shot, but once in a while...

The DDC 2AM "behind the scenes" discussion didn't mention the scenario
this morning, though. *

But as of 2PM today, the following update...

Area forecast discussion
National Weather Service Dodge City Kansas
344 PM CDT Sat Jul 26 2008

Discussion...

* ...
Days 3-7...

* ...
I think the ECMWF, which is generally consistent with the Canadian
model, suggests the most realistic track for Dolly's remains. If
correct, this may be one of the better chances of widespread
rainfall in a while roughly Monday night into Tuesday for the dry
western (KS) counties.

Hooboy, surely hope it does pan out...

--

My sister in Olathe would probably be ****ed that all her new