Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default OT; It had to happen.

On 2008-07-26 23:02:05 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

The multi national pharmacuticle companies have incredible influence on
political & public opinion, in my other life as a magician I've worked for
many of them.

The tobacco and drinks companies are pharmaceutical companies as well -
they just have a more limited inventory

One example; a multi national pharmacutical company developed a drug that
could be used for treatment of bone diesese. Every consultant in the field
was invited (with partner) to a four day 'seminar' at a top London hotel
(£200+ per night).

They were wined & dined at no concern for the expense. I was the after
dinner entertainment for one evening, at a fee that many people don't earn
in a week, booked via an event management company who provided everything -
at a huge margin. The next evening was a river cruise along the Thames,
after that a giant scalextrix race track evening.

Total cost for about 100 guests? No actual figures, but at a rough estimate
over £150K.

Probably and actually rather cheap for th ROI

Was that drug reccomended & prescribed? Of course it bloody
was.

Did it work? Almost certainly This is therefore a marketing event.
Perfectly normal business practice.