Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default clothes washers and dryers for older units with "weak" plumbing?

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:56:28 -0700 (PDT), CJ
wrote:

On Jul 26, 10:36 am, WDS wrote:
That's nothing do to with suds and everything to do with not having a
large enough water heater.

First, I really appreciate the replies. However, as to the specifics,
it can't be the size of the hot water heater. The condo complex
consists of a couple of dozen garden style units, and they are all fed
off a common water supply -- I think there are two boilers that feed
the whole place. And when I say that someone using a washer takes
away the hot water, it's like, the hot water just isn't there, and as
then at some point it's there again. So it's like the hot water
pressure in the pipes is affected by the (illegal!) washing machine
that someone is using.

Sound like a psychological issue. Why don't the "no hot water"
complaints happen when somebody fills a tub, takes a shower, or
washes dishes?
Because those are legal activities?
The hot water pipes are the same no matter the use, and the valves can
be cranked wide open in every case.

--Vic