Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default How to pay painter and crew

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:29:43 -0400, "SBH"
wrote:

I had the exterior of my house painted and it took two guys to do so. They
painted a neighbors house and I liked the looks, therefore, requested a
quote, which they provided right there. Then I asked when they can do it. It
was all done by spraying in a day and a half. Therefore, my point is, unless
your house is huge, why would he need so many men?

I surmise these guys did no surface prep to your house before spraying
and also didn't backroll the paint after spraying. Proper surface
preparation takes a lot of labor and time, which adds to the price of
a quote for a more durable paint job. Our paint job cost a couple
thousand $ more than the neighbors', but our painters scraped and
primed thoroughly, and they backrolled all the paint. The house still
looks good (had to scrape, prime, and paint some spots on the southern
and western sides of the house this summer, not unusual because of the
extreme weather), but the neighbors' paint job started peeling by the
fall after the spring painting. You get what you pay for, pretty
much.