Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT T Boone Pickens

When did I ever say I thought you had to have windmills on the
plains? Maybe you can't read and have me confused with Pickens.

How's this for a plan: A federal regulation that says 90% of the power
consumed within a state must be generated within the state (or within 24
miles of the state's coastline). If, for whatever reason (worry about
pollution, esthetics, hazard to navigation, etc.) a state is unable to be
self-sufficient, it can cut back its usage.

In the alternative, a federal tax on all electric power that crosses a state
line, say, three-cents per kwh.

I'm in a state that produces about 105% of it's domestic needs (we sell a
little bit to Mexico and Oklahoma). In fact, the city in which I live (8
million people in the metropolitan area) has no zoning. If someone wanted to
build a power plant next door to me, well, that's okay.

As you might guess, I don't have much sympathy for those who screech NIMBY.