Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cerberus . Cerberus . is offline

Default Ping the Medway Handyman

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:56:26 +0100, Lobster wrote:

Cerberus . wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:34:58 +0100, F wrote:

On 25/07/2008 00:32 John wrote:

Those who can, work, those that can't teach!
As someone who retired after 35 years teaching, the last 24 as a primary
deputy head, I couldn't agree with you less.

There are lousy teachers, just as there are lousy plumbers,
electricians, bankers, Prime Ministers, whatever...

A misquote of George Bernard Shaw's "those who can, do: those who can't,
teach". But he did have an aversion to formal education anyway!

And who added, "and those who can't teach, teach teachers"?

David

Laurence J. Peter, Peter's Quotations: Ideas for our Time (1977)

Don.