Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default "best" home warranty company?

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 02:52:20 -0700, "Alexander SuperTramp"
wrote:

I know THAT is a loaded question...my mortgage lender( countrywide) just
sent us an offer for a home warranty , $ 24 /month or 37/month to include
heat/ac unit and it just got me thinking ...do any of these companies have a
better reputation than others? Are there any I should just plain stay away
from?
( we are considering another home for the in-laws wherein a warranty will be
part of the deal).
Thanks!

By now you should know that pretty much everyone here thinks these
warranties are useless, and I concur totally. The one that came with
our house had so many exclusions PLUS a nice little $90 service fee
for each estimate that it was completely impossible to use. An utter
waste of the seller's (and therefore our) money: do as others have
said and set aside $$ every month to build up the emergency
repair/replacement fund.