Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric furnaces

The advantage to electric, you have the option to heat each room
individually. Either with baseboard electric heaters, or plug in space
heaters. If the cost was reasonable, I'd use baseboard electric. Keep the
unused areas colder, and save heat that way.

The advantages to a furnace include air filtering. And humidity in the
winter, you can put on a humidifier.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Olie Young" wrote in message

Thanks for your polite response. In my area of the country electriciy
is prdoced by hydro & is one of the lowest rates in the nation. Looking
to the future, with all the alternative sources being explored, I feel
electric is the best choice, however oil is not out of the qeustion

I have dealt with the same supplier (oil) for many years & they will,
I'm sure, be very helpful to me as they deal in all sources, ie: gas,
oil, electric, heat pumps, etc. A/C is neither wanted nor needed , by
me at least, in our moderate climate. Future owners can make their own
decisions.

Only posted here to help me understand what a "Schedule
"something-or-other" is for & if needed with electric. Present old
beast is probably 75-80 years old with those huge, round duct pipings.
I'm just assuming they aren't suitable for any new furnace, whatever the
power source, & would like to get rid of them in any event.

I see the worms are already starting to crawl out of the can. If I
don't get any more helpful advice will probably not post again which
would make the nay-sayers happy especilly as I'm using the dreaded
WebTV. Best to all. Mary