Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default storage of firewood

mm wrote:
Me again.

My firewood is stacked on a cement slab next to and partly under the
deck. Is this ok. How close to the brick house can the firewood be
stored?

Right now some pieces are only 2 inches away. The wood is 10 months
old, very dense and shows no rotting at all or insects at all. Just
like new except maybe the color is a fifth of a shade darker.

Thanks.

Mine's been stacked like that for years without problem. Every now and
then when spraying around house for ants, etc. I'll also spray base of
stacked wood. You generally need damp conditions and route to soil to
get termites. Next door neighbor got them and now, fortunately, his
treatment killed all in the area. Before that, another neighbor offered
me wood stored on ground, away from his house, and it was termite
infested - no thanks.