Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vk3bfa@hotmail.com is offline

Default we need unions

On Jul 26, 9:04 pm, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 02:58:10 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Jul 26, 7:23 pm, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

If you were watching television you would have seen the crowds of
people in the street wearing white shirts, dark trousers and shoes.
These were the middle class and their protests, and the responding
actions of the Army were the cause of the coup collapsing.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Actually, thats total crap, - the regime changed because the king
supported change and told the existing lot to bugger off.

Andrew VK3BFA.

You may say it is total crap but I was in Bangkok and saw what was
happening while you were, where? And, got your information from?

The ABC (thats the Australian Broadcasting Commission), SBS, BBC
World service, etc.) - yes, there are real reporters out there, not
just CNN and Murdochs empire. We take some interest in the world
around us, can even identify countries on the map.

True that ultimately the King did intervene...after the army had
attacked the protesters and shot a number and entered the Royal Hotel
and attacking both Thais and foreigners there. With your call sign you
should have seen that as the most provoking scenes were shot by BBC
cameramen. .

Why wasnt CNN there? - not enough blood? - and I am not disputing the
FACTS of the matter, just your jaundiced opinion.

As neither the army nor the protesters were prepared to back down the
King took it upon himself to resolve matters by calling both Suchinda
and Chamlong to the palace and admonished them which was enough to
cause the coup to collapse,

Yep, thats what happened.

which without the intervention of the
middle class protesters would not have happened.

You want to quote a reference to that, or do I take your word for it?

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Yep,
I repeat -total crap - if you were there, were you getting your news
off CNN - given the obvious knowledge and insight of the culture you
live in, you would have to be working for one of the American
intelligence agencies - either that, or sequestered in an American
base somewhere, safe from the outside world.

Andrew VK3BFA.