Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default storage of firewood

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 22:27:46 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On Jul 25, 7:30*pm, mm wrote:
Me again.

My firewood is stacked on a cement slab next to and partly under the
deck. * Is this ok. *How close to the brick house can the firewood be
stored? * *

Right now some pieces are only 2 inches away. *The wood is 10 months
old, very dense and shows no rotting at all or insects at all. Just
like new except maybe the color is a fifth of a shade darker.

Thanks.

Bugs-termites live in wood, 2" is too cloose, brick or not.

I liked it when I only had one answer. So you're saying I need a
foot? 6 inches?