Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Electric furnaces

On Jul 25, 7:14*pm, (Olie Young) wrote:
Going to replace an ancient oil furnace. *My first preference is
electric & would appreciate advice/opinions on installation. *Old
furnace to be demo'd from the skin out as the ducts are not suitable for
electric.

Does electric differ from other fuels in installation procedures, ie: is
Schedule (??) needed & what is it? *What does it accomplish?

1927 house recently re-wired for 200A. *2 duct runs easily acessable in
basement.

Trane was suggested because "Nothing runs like..." *I would hope to find
one NOT made in China.

Thanks for any advice & hope this doesn't open a big can of worms. *8^)
Mary *

ps: Not posted to HVAC group.

TRANE was suggested because it runs, so do 100 others, Installers do
make a job, and make the job, Id suggest get a permit taken out since
you are being taken out, and get a few bids....