Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric furnaces

In many areas of the country, natural gas, propane, or oil are a lot
cheaper, over the life of the furnace.

I'd suggest to call several companies local to you. Hire the one which is
polite, and whose answers you can easily understand. While replacing
furnace, often they have a package deal to get central AC also.

Oil furnace are a royal PIA, and are very messy. full of black soot. The
newer ones not as bad. Since you have the oil tank and oil line, maybe newer
oil furnace? I've put central AC in oil fired systems, it can be done.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Olie Young" wrote in message
Going to replace an ancient oil furnace. My first preference is
electric & would appreciate advice/opinions on installation. Old
furnace to be demo'd from the skin out as the ducts are not suitable for
electric.

Does electric differ from other fuels in installation procedures, ie: is
Schedule (??) needed & what is it? What does it accomplish?

1927 house recently re-wired for 200A. 2 duct runs easily acessable in
basement.

Trane was suggested because "Nothing runs like..." I would hope to find
one NOT made in China.

Thanks for any advice & hope this doesn't open a big can of worms. 8^)
Mary

ps: Not posted to HVAC group.