Larry Jaques

Default Jack-of-all-trades

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:16:48 -0400, Tom Watson
pixelated:

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:43:12 GMT, Harry Davidson
wrote:

I'm not trying to start anything here or criticize in any way, but I'm
genuinely curious. More and more, I see people using a row of dots
(like the above) instead of just a single period at the end of
sentences. Why are they doing this? Does it serve some purpose I'm not
aware of?

It is called an ellipsis.

Negative, sir. There are but 3 dots in an ellipsis.
Anything else is like those fid^H^H^Hdear friends who
include too many exclamation points in trying to make
one. Methinks the extra dots are where they went into
adult(?) ADD and started drooling on their keybords.

I could cut and paste a definition but it would be more fun for you to
look it up.

Ditto, eh?

-
The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.
http://diversify.com Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases