Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Electric furnaces

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Olie Young" wrote in message
Going to replace an ancient oil furnace. My first preference is
electric & would appreciate advice/opinions on installation. Old
furnace to be demo'd from the skin out as the ducts are not suitable
for electric.

Does electric differ from other fuels in installation procedures, ie:
is Schedule (??) needed & what is it? What does it accomplish?

If the price of oil is not high enough for you, the change to electric
is a good idea. You won't have to worry about having money left over
at the end of hte month.

Rates vary, but oil in my area would have to be about $5.20+ for
electric to be as cheap. My electric is 18.3¢ and rising

Installation is m uch different in some areas, but the same for
ducting. I'm not sure what you are looking for there, especialy the
Schedule question.

ps: Not posted to HVAC group.

I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

My electric is 18.3¢ ...