Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How to repair door knob that won't close?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:16:20 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

That's what I thought I would have to do - remove the strike and
chisel a new opening in the strike. I've been a little hesitant in
doing this, but I think since all I have to do is move the strike 1/4
of an inch or so, hopefully I won't have to chisel that much and make
things worse. Though I don't think I can do much harm, as long as I
don't chisel where the strike needs to be screwed in.

--

it's frequently hard to drill new holes if they are close to the existing
holes. you have to plug the existing holes with something. glue in a golf

This could be expensive. First you have to join a golf club and
that's hundreds of dollars, thousands for a really fancy one.

or dowel, let harden overnight, and drill the new holes in the correct
place..