Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vk3bfa@hotmail.com is offline

Default we need unions

On Jul 26, 3:43 pm, Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:02:52 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Jul 26, 10:55 am, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:08:10 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

without unions there will be no strong middle class,http://www.unionworld.us

Must be a U.S. phenomena as there is a strong middle class in many
Asian countries with either no unions or Government controlled unions.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

You got figures on how many middle class there are as a percentage of
the population, versus the western world?? - must be a GREAT place to
work, why else would the western world offshore its manufacturing
there? - maybe, no unions to put a brake on the excesses of
capitalism.

Andrew VK3BFA.

The largest middle class in the world..is in India. By several orders
of magnitude

Yes, I know that - the same for China, Indonesia, and a few others -
they could buy and sell us all out of petty cash, so numerous are
they. (And if China stops propping up the US, your well and truly
stuffed - its unlikely, they are holding so many USD that would turn
in Pesos if they did - a bad deal for both partys. Thank heavens their
pragmatic and not run by the Wingers in their government))

BUT - are they 1%, 20 % = what? - never mind the numbers, (millions?)
- do they have a middle class large enough to control the government
to have at least the semblance of self determination, or is it the
traditional 5% who control 95% of the wealth who still run things?

Pointless, but I persist, in between pruning my roses....

Andrew VK3BFA.